RETURN TO PLAY POLICIES AND GUIDELINES SEPTEMBER 26TH
posted Sep 26, 2021, 7:28 PM
Russell Skating Club Return to Play Protocols REVISED
UPDATED September 26th, 2021
IMPORTANT INFORMATION! Please read.
- Skaters may arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled ice time.
Skaters are to dress at home with the exception of helmets and skates. Skaters arriving directly from school may use facilities to change within their 15 minute time frame.
Skaters who can tie their own skates may put them on in their assigned change room
while maintaining physical distancing. Skaters over the age of 18 must show proof of vaccination and photo ID upon arrival to the rink.
- 1 parent/spectator per skater will be permitted in the arena bleachers during sessions, to adhere to maximum building capacity. Please see separate email regarding
parent spectator times for each program. All parents must show proof of vaccination and
Identification at the door to gain access to the arena.
Parents must sign in and answer screening questions or show a pass for screening, in order to
enter through the main doors, direct to the bleachers, and must exit the bleachers through the
doors located beside the bleachers.
All CanSkate participants must come ready to go on the ice with skates and
helmets on and skate guards which will be removed upon arrival at the rink.
- Skaters will enter through the main entrance and go to assigned dressing rooms. When
leaving, skaters will exit at the doors nearest the public washrooms and not return
through the main lobby. Parents of CanSkate participants will be able drop their skaters
off inside the front doors, at the screening table. Board members, coaches and Program
Assistants will supervise and assist children to enter the ice area upon arrival and to exit
the side door upon parent arrival. Parents will be asked a security question at pick up of
- The EOHU Screening Questionnaire must be answered on the day of the participant’s ice
time. It is mandatory to have a team representative at the door actively screening
every individual that enters the facility. The representative has to arrive prior to the
participants and can ask the screening questions to every individual that attempts to
enter the facility or individuals can show the “pass” notification that they receive on their
mobile device via the online tool or a print copy of the pass notification (please make
sure that the date is correct).
- For children and youth, use the COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool.
- For adults, use the COVID-19 Self-assessment Tool.
This must be done before EVERY ice session, for ALL programs.
If not completed or passed, the participant cannot enter the facility. It can be answered verbally upon arrival to the rink.
- Attendance and participant contact numbers will be taken as skaters enter the arena and
tracked for 30 days.
- Everyone entering the arena must WEAR A MASK. Masks are only removed when helmets are put on to go on the ice. Masks are put back on as soon as helmets are taken off. If a participant does not have a mask, they cannot enter the facility.
- Skaters must leave the facility within 15 minutes of getting off the ice.
- No more than 12 participants are permitted per change room.
- Maximum of 40 participants on the ice at one time (includes coaches and Program Assistants) for STARSkate and CanSkate at this time.
- Do not share personal items (e.g. water bottle, kleenex). Water bottles must be filled
prior to arriving at the arena.
As the situation with the pandemic continues to evolve, ON Russell Skating Club will
be required to adapt as restrictions are eased or tightened, with guidance from
Russell Township, EOHU, Skate Ontario and the Province of Ontario.